The four hatchments, or funeral arms, dating from the last decades of the Georgian period hang in pairs in the north and south galleries.
On the north side are the hatchments of Lady Alice Warburton and Samuel Malbon. Malbon was an apothecary from Congleton who made his fortune in Oxford and made a substantial contribution to the cost of raising the tower in 1785-6. His arms (blue with a white band) are also on the tower next to those of the corporation. Lady Alice Warburton lived at Daisy Bank House, the former home of the Lowe family her arms show ducks and deer heads. Thomas Lowe was one the leading men in the rebuilding of the church. As a widow Lady Alice became best known for a long tour of Europe with her coachman.
On the south side are the hatchments of Nathaniel Maxey Pattison and his wife Helen Comberbatch. They married at Chester in 1785. Her late father had been the chief justice for the counties of Chester and Flint. They had been married for 33 years when Helen died in 1818. The Pattisons were millowners with valuable property in London and Kent as well as Congleton. Their dog`s head badge is on the back pew nearest the east end of the gallery, just beyond their hatchments and at the top of each hatchment. (See also Pattisons under Memorials and People)